Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson, Now Appearing in Heaven with Jackie and James

When I saw the breaking story on MSNBC I knew this news was going to be really bad. I switched channels and every news outlet was reporting that Michael Jackson had suffered cardiac arrest. As I continued looking at the images, I began praying but when I saw the police starting to redirect traffic near the hospital a tear formed in my eye. I knew then Michael was dead it was just a matter of the news outlets making the announcement. When MSNBC confirmed that Michael had expired. I yelled Oh No!, but the truth is God does not make a mistake he wanted Michael home with him.

My heart immediately went out to his family especially his mother. I remembered my grandmother and the pain she was going through as she looked upon my mother who expired. My grandmother kept saying that's my baby. I feel for Michael's mother and for any mother that has to bury their child.

There will be many debates over the legacy of Michael Jackson. He was a gifted man who spent his entire early life on stage. Michael studied Jackie Wilson and James Brown. He was destined to be a star. I first saw him with the Jackson 5 at the Regal Theather on 47th Street and King Drive(South Park) in 1968 singing "Big Boy." They were good. In his career as a member of the family group and soloist Michael Jackson has influenced legions of entertainers.

He was innovative to the music industry creating the first music videos. Michael Jackson made a lot of people rich. His style set standards for all other entertainers. Thriller sold 100 million copies worldwide. Some artist won't sell that many records in 5 lifetimes. He led the way. Despite what was printed in the media, I never believed one thing that was printed or broadcasted. I took Michael at his word. Michael was a victim of his own stardom. None of us can image what he had to go through. And none of us will ever see the likes of an entertainer like him again.

The Prime Minister




No comments: